The safety and well-being of our team members and patients is our top priority. As we begin to shift from seeing only medically necessary appointments to all types of appointments you can expect to see changes in the way we provide care to you and your families. We are following the Mandatory and Recommended Best Practices by Governor Mike DeWine and Dr. Amy Acton.
Eye Care Associates will resume normal business hours on May 4, 2020.
- Anyone entering our offices must wear a face mask at all times, remove their gloves, and sanitize hands.
- All patients will be screened at time of check-in. Our registration team will ask each patient the following questions. If the answer is “Yes” to any of the below you will be asked to reschedule your appointment.
- Are you running a fever? Temperature will be taken by our staff.
- Have you had any exposure to anyone with COVID-19?
- Have you experienced any symptoms of COVID-19? (nausea, diarrhea, upper respiratory, muscle aches and pains)
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19?
- Have you traveled out of the state in the last 2 weeks?
- To stay in compliance with social distancing, no additional family members/friends are permitted to enter the office for an appointment. (Exceptions will be made for individuals requiring assistance due to a disability, patients with dementia, or parents accompanying a child for an appointment.)
Additional Office Safety Measures:
- We have carefully adjusted all doctor’s schedules to ensure we are seeing patients in the most efficient and effective way possible. In order to do this, we are not seeing patients at full capacity and thank you for your patience in scheduling needed appointments. We have added full Saturday hours in our Poland and Howland offices to safely accommodate more appointments.
- Patients arriving more than 10 minutes before their appointment will be asked to wait outside the office until the scheduled appointment time.
- Waiting rooms have been altered to adhere to social distancing.
- Every surface is thoroughly disinfected in between patients, including registration, waiting rooms, exam rooms, equipment, EyeWear Gallery, pens, clipboards, etc…
- Our team members must adhere to strict guidelines in order to serve our patients and co-workers, including: daily screening of health and temperature, wear a mask and shield or goggles, adhere to social distancing, etc…
At Eye Care Associates, we understand how precious eyesight really is. Everything we do revolves around the care of our patients. We’re always looking for new and better ways to keep patient’s eyes healthy and their vision the best that it can be. That’s why we put the latest technology in the hands of the most experienced eye specialists. Whether patients need pediatric care, or the most advanced refractive or surgical procedure our specialists will do whatever they can to help patients achieve their best personal vision.
We understand that it takes an experienced specialist to deliver the quality of care the community has come to expect from Eye Care Associates and are excited that you are interested in learning more about our company.
Eye Care Associates, Inc. is a fully integrated regional eye care provider serving a 3 county area in Northeastern Ohio. With 4 locations spanning across Trumbull, Mahoning and Columbiana counties we strive to provide the highest quality and convenient care for our patients. We provide primary eye care, general ophthalmology and optometry, and have Fellowship trained ophthalmologists in glaucoma, retina, pediatrics and oculoplastics.